Sunday, September 28, 2008

More Djibouti Pics

Here's where I lay my head after a long day at the office. Most buildings at camp are "containerized" structures. They put us up in CLUs or Containerized Living Units. It's a standard size shipping containter that has been converted into two rooms. They put bunks along the wall sepearted by half walls, add a desk on the end and throw in a couple wall lockers to put your stuff in. I'm lucky for the moment as no one else bunks with me. I get the whole CLU to myself.
Here's a look inside the CLU. It's small, but I call it home... at least for the next 6 weeks. :) Where do I shower, do you ask? They have 25 of these CLUs stacked side-by-side and the middle one is converted into a latrine/shower facility. You have to wear shower shoes/flip flops when you're in there as to not catch any nasties on your feet. Good times!!
This is the neighborhood. All the CLUs are stacked side-by-side broken up by blocks, A-Block, B-Block, C-Block, etc. I live in the F-Block, the farthest from the camp. I get to walk about a mile every day to my office and then back at the end of the day. I should be able the shed a few pounds by the time I come home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: